• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sensenich Ground Adjustable Prop

Not as much drag holding you back. I noticed it the first time I went into a short pond, but you soon learn to allow for it.

Someone asked about a picture of the prop and spinner in a PM.
PXL_20220915_233351243.jpg

PXL_20230522_125819638.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220915_233351243.jpg
    PXL_20220915_233351243.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 2,791
  • PXL_20230522_125819638.jpg
    PXL_20230522_125819638.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 2,758
Steve,
Is that the spinner that Sensenich sells for the prop? Or one you had?

I would imagine it is higher at the higher pitch settings. I burn more fuel at the higher pitch settings like when I am running the Sensenich 74DM metal prop. Low fuel burn when in low pitch like when running my 1A175 Borer prop.

I wonder what the manifold pressure is at different prop/speed settings?

With mine at 36.5 pitch (I turned my own pin) at 2500 and 1500' ASL MP bounces between 20.7 and 21. On take off at 2700 its 24.5 to 25 on the MP I didn't have the engine analyzer and MP gauge when I did the other pitch testing when I initially put the prop on.

My guess is under 30”…..but what do I know?
my bigger question is who has a manifold pressure gauge who hasn’t gone to a full digital engine instrument cluster.

Many thanks to Sensenich for sticking it out, with all testing completed the STC is truly close. The dedication required to bring this prop to our aircraft has obviously taken enormous resources to bring about and as a participant in the process it has generated much respect for the Sensenich leadership on my part and most importantly I want to personally thank Steve Pierce who put the day job aside while he coordinated all the testing (4) aircraft and the final flying.

This prop is a gamechanger for Super Cubs and hopefully more platforms to come. Lastly, I learned yesterday that Steve has now become a Sensenich dealer so if this prop interests you, please contact Steve and support the resource that played a key role in bringing it about for us!

Kirby

Ps I understand there is a pre-STC sale going on...

Last edited:
Steve, was there any indication from Sensenich that they were considering certification in the standard category for the smaller model prop?

My guess is that the market is too small to make it worth the cost and effort to take that model beyond ASTM certification.

If they are, though, I would love to work with them using a stock PA-11-90 and possibly a stock PA-12 with the 0-235. Its good to be retired!

They are but the next projects that I know of are the 172 and PA28. They want to get the money flowing the other way.

Current pricing on the Sensenich ground adjustable prop is $6350 for the STC'd prop or $7085 with a carbon fiber spinner assembly. The price will go up roughly $1,000 on August 1st. The spinner uses a rear bulkhead only that is finished in white gelcoat. The blades come in a combination of colors, blades and tips: white, black, yellow, red and grey. Black blades with white tips is pretty common as are black blades and yellow or red tips. Also grey blades with white tips or any combination of those colors. We expect the STC in early July and I heard that right from the head FAA project engineer's mouth. I hear that the people above him want this STC finished because of the length of time, tearing up an airplane etc so I believe this time line is accurate. They are not requesting deposits. If you would like to order the prop through me I would appreciate the business. You can email me direct steve@pierceaero.com

Also, the Piper spinner will not fit the ground adjustable prop.
PXL_20230524_151646366.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230524_151646366.jpg
    PXL_20230524_151646366.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 86
I called them and I am currently number 38 on the list from 2021. I cannot switch unfortunately. I did get the carbon spinner. Any issues of note from the testing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I called them and I am currently number 38 on the list from 2021. I cannot switch unfortunately. I did get the carbon spinner. Any issues of note from the testing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No issues with the spinner and we had it on and off a lot for each pitch and prop change. Haven't had any issues with the ones I have installed or sold either.

There are over 100 names on the list. Will get a better idea when the STC is issued and props start going out the door.

I am looking forward to mine, build a light cub without extended baggage and she is super light in the tail.

A lighter prop will be just the ticket for me I'm #52 or 53 on the list.

Steve,

Are you also going to be selling the experimental version? I'd rather give you the business than the big name outfits fi I end up going this route.

Hopefully their spinners hold up better than the props in terms of finish. Here’s my brand new ground adjustable Sensenich (experimental) after just taxiing in rain last week for approx 10-12 seconds. The MT props on our Skywagon have lasted years/almost 1,000 hrs with much less cosmetic damage, and they’ve been run through rain in cruise flights hour after hour, hundred of dusty off airport departures, etc.
A second airplane @ Legend had paint peeling on its new Sensenich ground adjustable after 3 hrs of break-in flying. Don’t know if the clear coat was coming off on that one.
One might say “So what - it’s only cosmetic,” but for me it’s indicative of poor finishing or QC.

IMG_3900.jpg

No issues with the spinner and we had it on and off a lot for each pitch and prop change. Haven't had any issues with the ones I have installed or sold either.

Attachments

• IMG_3900.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 155
There are issues with clear, Cattos has had it as well. It either sticks great or it comes of in light rain. Call Sensenich and they will fix it. The Carbon Cub dealer here had one flown through drizzle during the fly off and some of the clear came off 2 weeks ago and Sensenich is fixing it.

Here’s a catto after a little rain….

IMG_7337.jpg

I had a 2015 catto that went thru hell and back and the paint was perfect.

My Sensenich GA prop that’s a little over a year old has been thru more rain than it should and looks great still.

Attachments

• IMG_7337.jpg
    IMG_7337.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 129
Here’s a catto after a little rain….

View attachment 65847

I had a 2015 catto that went thru hell and back and the paint was perfect.

My Sensenich GA prop that’s a little over a year old has been thru more rain than it should and looks great still.

I have a 2015 Catto and same. Know of a couple guys with newer on cc’s and first flight the paint came off.

I seem to remember talk of wet sanding where the metal meets the blade to smooth it out helped keep the paint on? I could be remembering wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sensenich instructions recommend you wax the prop, can't hurt to have some the extra protection.

Last edited:
Back