• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-12 Electrical

Thadd

redoing the entire electrical on the 12. I'm a mechanical guy so this may be tough. I found one wiring diagram 10207 which is barely legible. Any thoughts/advice on where to start. Help!

Yes! Throw away the diagram for the original system.

Just use a master relay and bus like almost all aircraft (other than Cub types).

Web

Thanks Web, what components should I retain in the system so I don't have any issues with the IA?

Would you place the bus bar behind the panel with all your switches and CBs right there?

If you have problems with your IA over rewiring a PA 12, shop around for a new IA.

Place a master relay on the battery tray. If you have a starter you'll need a start relay. Bus bar on breakers/switch breakers on the instrument panel. Push-pull breakers for stuff that just stays on. Switch breakers for systems that get turned on/off regularly, such as lights. Wire all systems to the bus bar for power.

There are dozens of details, when you start planning and installing, so ask your questions. And check your PM's for my phone number, if you want that.

Web

Image1618979466.767977.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• Image1618979466.767977.jpg
    Image1618979466.767977.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 412
Back