• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Floor Boards

Aeronut

Kittery, ME
I'm looking through the various options for floor boards between Univair, original Piper, and Northland.

1. Univair points to a 10737 which looks to correspond with Piper drawing 10737. Univair lists this as applicable to 95hp, 105hp, and 125hp.
2. Univair also points to a 13743 which is applicable to 95hp, 135hp, and 150hp. I can't find a drawing for this.
3. Northland has a 10737 drawing but their dimensions differ significantly from the original Piper drawing although the layout appears the same.

Does anyone know which one is the best for a original width cabin 150+hp aircraft?

I'm planning on making metal floorboards but haven't selected a specific metal or thickness yet.

Josh

I had to modify the drawings I had several years ago to get them to match the late model PA18-150. After wasting a lot of plywood and water jet time I got it perfected. If you figure out what material you are going to use I can have them water jetted. Would have to find out the cost.

Thank you, Steve! I have access to water jetting and other fabrication methods but I appreciate your offer. It sounds like I might need to use the 10737 drawing as a starting point and then redline changes as necessary.

Why don't you make a set out of cardboard, then alter it to fit? Then trace it to the material of your choice.

I believe that's what I'll end up having to do Skywagon. When I undertake large projects I try to identify items that can be designed and built on the side during periods where I may not have a lot of time to dive into big tasks. So I end up with a few tasks going in parallel. I was hoping if the drawing was accurate to get it drawn up in CAD and sent out for fab out of metal. This doesn't sound like it'll be a good part for that and I'll wait until the fuselage is ready for accurate measurements.

Back