Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Flying from Alaska to the lower 48

Post Thanks / Like

Flying from Alaska to the lower 48

Wondering if anybody knows the current status of flying thru Canada from AK to the lower 48. I need to fly a Husky down in late summer and just thinking that it might not be practical with the COVID-19 restrictions. Iíve been Vac. So hoping that will help. Just donít have the range to fly the coast . Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Wondering if anybody knows the current status of flying thru Canada from AK to the lower 48. I need to fly a Husky down in late summer and just thinking that it might not be practical with the COVID-19 restrictions. Iíve been Vac. So hoping that will help. Just donít have the range to fly the coast . Thanks guys.
    Bit early to forecast what's going to happen in late summer. I do know of two US commercial pilots that have moved multiple aircraft southward with contracts and they were let through, but that was 1-2 months ago.
    An aside - Most of my Canadian commercial associates are steeling themselves for a very light foreign tourism season this summer due to their government's "do whatever we have to" policy mindset. Many of the lodges on the eastern side of the country are considering abbreviated or canceled fishing seasons.
    Thanks 180Marty thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to keep the current status of Canadian border announcements current on https://fly2ak.com/?page_id=172
    Thanks Bill Rusk thanked for this post