• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cub Club?

StuBob

Indianapolis
Looking down the road a little, I see a time coming when Skywagon OpEx and CapEx will exceed the retirement budget. This has me thinking about J-3s and similar. Time was when someone with this interest joined the Cub Club, where everything worth knowing resided. Looking at their website today, I’d say it looks like that might not be the case anymore.

Is there a newer club or other information source for J-3 enthusiasts? Old threads here hint at some Cub Club intrigue. Feel free to PM if you don’t want to go public.

Thanks!
Stu

J3-Cub.com is kind of the new forum for J3's and has a lot of knowledge there. Sounds like the Cub Club is defunct and may be making a comeback but it sounds increasingly unlikely.

Yes, unfortunetly, the J-3 is becoming a true antique, but there are still a lot of us who are old school. See ya at OSH!

There are still plenty of Steve Krog videos on YouTube, but the website appears to be dead. Too bad. An airplane like the J-3 deserves its own web presence. There’s also a Facebook group, but the FB format just isn’t conducive to the kind of information sharing we do on forums.

Use to be able to call the Cub Club and order them. I have them all digitally and on paper.

Have you looked at https://www.j3-cub.com/

Dana and Paul Osmanski were bringing the Cub Club into the 21st century after many conversations with Steve and Sharon Krog but unfortunately it was short lived. The story is different depending on who you talk to but I was privy to the whole thing as it happened. Unfortunately the results are irrefutable.

The J3-cub website is now the go to place, tons of info. FB is pretty useless finding info other than looking at ego pics. IMO the cub club is following the footsteps of other defunct clubs in general aviation. What a shame.

Type clubs used to be the only game in town for information on our vintage airplanes.
Nowadays I think the internet forums have obsoleted them, or at least superceded them.
I joined the 180/185 Club when I bought my 180,
after a year of pretty lame newsletters I let my membership lapse.
They had a website, unfortunately not too active then (2014) --
supercub.org & backcountrypilot.org seemed to offer more.
Nowadays there's also the 180/185 group on FB.

That's not even to mention personalities--
I owned a 170 for 11 years & for most of that time was a member of the 170 Assn.
I finally had my fill of a certain person who ran (not moderated, ran!) their website forum,
and let my membership lapse.

The problem was the type clubs didn't engage the use of the forums. They thought the same old recipe would work forever. Facebook is edging out forums but there is so misinformation on Facebook and no easy way to look up past information.

Back