• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How long do different jobs take on a J3?

IainR

FRIEND
Underberg, South Africa
A bit of an odd query, but here is the background. My Cub is type certified so has to go through a certified shop in South Africa, I have used some guys at a local airfield and since they started the job I have found out the business is not in a great place financially, my Cub is the only aircraft there.... The kicker is I have received an invoice way larger than I anticipated, looking through the break down the hours allocated to different jobs seem much higher than I would expect. I have worked on a few aeri's and other bits and pieces but never a J3 so perhaps there are complexities with these jobs that I am not aware of. If anyone is happy giving some anonymous estimations of what they recon the following would take I'd appreciate a second/third/fourth opinion. Private message or post here appreciated. I want to give the Maintenance organisation the benefit of the doubt so if my estimations are off then I will suck it up happily. The following are the items carried out, all are without any snags or other issues:
  • Change Bungees (?) hrs
  • Remove 4" wheels, fit 6" cleveland wheels with disc breaks and fit 29" Airstreaks (?) hrs
  • Re-install engine and prop after overhaul (?) hrs
  • Remove, overhaul and re-install tailwheel (?) hrs
  • Re-assemble wings and tail after shipping and rig (?) hrs
  • Annual airframe and airframe components (?) hrs

Back