• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Problems with Bose Aviation X Headsets

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
I took the plunge many years ago and purchased two Bose Headset X headsets and have taken good care of them. Within the last year each of them has malfunctioned, with no sound coming from the left earpiece. I called Bose and was told that they no longer provide service on these models, but that they could be "traded in" for an upgrade...with a substantial price tag.

This is frustrating. I have two A20's that I really enjoy, and I love the headsets, but don't want to shell out big bucks if I don't need to.

...in the meantime I put a set of good old David Clark's back into service (I retrofit them with the Headsets, Inc ANR years ago and they are still functioning!, but are heavier than the Bose.

Anyone know of a repair place to send the Bose X for repair?

Randy

Try asking the Headsets Inc guy. I understand he does some custom work and certainly he knows ANR.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the plunge many years ago and purchased two Bose Headset X headsets and have taken good care of them. Within the last year each of them has malfunctioned, with no sound coming from the left earpiece. I called Bose and was told that they no longer provide service on these models, but that they could be "traded in" for an upgrade...with a substantial price tag.

This is frustrating. I have two A20's that I really enjoy, and I love the headsets, but don't want to shell out big bucks if I don't need to.

...in the meantime I put a set of good old David Clark's back into service (I retrofit them with the Headsets, Inc ANR years ago and they are still functioning!, but are heavier than the Bose.

Anyone know of a repair place to send the Bose X for repair?

Randy

Send them to me, I’ll work on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow up...

I had a tip from one of you to take a look at the David Clark One X headsets. I did some checking and decided to take the plunge. I must admit that I have been a Bose headset fan for many, many moons. I love my A20's, but they are crazy expensive, but lightweight. I know people who love the Lightspeed headsets, too, and considered them as replacements for my Bose Aviation X headsets.

i decided to take the plunge and go with the company that I remember (pre-ANR) as being the go to headsets...David Clark. I received them a couple of days ago and flew with them for the first time today. Checked them out while on the ground (had my A20's right there in case I didn't like them), then started the engine.

I was taught to keep the headsets off when I start the engine. We hear noises differently, and I am accustomed to the sound that the engine makes when I start it and I think I can pick up when things aren't right. I did so, the engine caught quickly, sounded good and I put on the headset.

Immediately I thought something was amiss. These headsets really diminished the sounds, much more than the A20's. It isn't even close. In the air there is much more noise suppression than what I experienced with the A20's. Remarkable.

I must admit that I thought I would use these as a backup for my A20's, but now there isn't any way. The David Clark One X goes to the top of the pyramid. I actually think they are lighter than the A20's, are very comfortable.

If you are thinking of upgrading, please give these a look. I know that Tim Cochran's business sells them, so give him a call...he is on here frequently, and is an awesome fellow.

Randy

Back