• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Supercub TW instruction in Colorado?

tangoquebececho

Hi all!

I am a new member, but have been lurking for a long time. I am a newish PPL and have a handful of J3 hours. I almost finished my TW endorsement, but then covid got in the way. I have been out of the saddle for about six months but looking to get back in after I get vaccinated in a few weeks.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for TW instruction in the Denver area. I will be up there for a week the first week of June. My partner will be working remote, but I thought it would be a great time to get a bunch of flight hours in and maybe do my BFR at the same time. I would love to finish my TW endorsement and get some bush/mountain flying in. I would also love to meet up with some people and maybe just talk planes over lunch!. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I would love to fly a Cub or a Supercub, but any TW will do.

Thanks!

Tango

Specialty Flight Training up in Boulder has all of your requirements. No personal experience with them other than a great visit and tour. Nice tail wheel. Good luck.

Hi all!

I am a new member, but have been lurking for a long time. I am a newish PPL and have a handful of J3 hours. I almost finished my TW endorsement, but then covid got in the way. I have been out of the saddle for about six months but looking to get back in after I get vaccinated in a few weeks.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for TW instruction in the Denver area. I will be up there for a week the first week of June. My partner will be working remote, but I thought it would be a great time to get a bunch of flight hours in and maybe do my BFR at the same time. I would love to finish my TW endorsement and get some bush/mountain flying in. I would also love to meet up with some people and maybe just talk planes over lunch!. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I would love to fly a Cub or a Supercub, but any TW will do.

Thanks!

Tango
Instruction on the Front Range shut down because of the COVID?

This information is about two years old but worth a try. Elite Aviation at KLMO (Longmont) had Citabrias and a Decathlon. I took my CFI spin training from Al Gordon, who was great. Longmont is a little less congested airspace than Boulder, although you trade the gliders for parachute jumping.

Back