• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

2nd dose of Pfizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewartb

Got shot #2 today. The pharmacist said there’s a chance I may feel flu-like symptoms tomorrow. I bought a bottle of Rye. I don’t like leaving anything to chance. ;)

Got my 2 Phizer shots in Feb. Zero after effects !! Don't wear a mask very often now.

I did the second shot of Pfizer a few weeks ago. Didn’t really notice any symptoms. My in-laws did Moderna and it kicked their ass.

Second Pfizer shot at the end of February for me. No real side effects. A little tired but most days I’m a little tired. :)

Rich

I took the second Maderna yesterday and after my first I remembered the Pediatricians advice when we took our kids in for their shots and took a couple of Tylenol as I left the house, worked wonders. Not even a sore injection site.

I/we got our 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday late afternoon. I felt a bit of a headache about 5 hours later, took a couple of Tylenol and went to bed, slept perfectly and feel fine now. Wife is still asleep so don’t know about her yet this morning

Edited to add: Wife feels 100% fine too

Last edited:
2nd dose of Moderna back in mid January... Kicked my butt for about 24 hours. Flu like symptoms, fever, chills... Seemed to be the case for most of the guys in the Unit that got it as well. Most of us in our mid 40's to early 30's.

I/we got our 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday late afternoon. I felt a bit of a headache about 5 hours later, took a couple of Tylenol and went to bed, slept perfectly and feel fine now. Wife is still asleep so don’t know about her yet this morning

DONT wake her up, let her sleep as long as she wants!:lol:

Had Covid a year ago, then I got two doses of Pfizer a couple of months ago.. A little muscle pain in the deltoid muscle, no big deal.

MAJOR side effect though. I have none of my usual spring allergies this year. None. Maybe a coincidence, maybe it was Covid, maybe it was the vaccine, but something seemed changed my immune system for the better.

(1) How did the animal trials and long term studies go for that vaccine? (2) Have you checked the Vaccine Adverse Reaction Website? (3) Are you aware of what happened to the animals in the animal trials when Big Pharma (pre-Covid-19) attempted to develop an RNA vaccine? I would do the research before you go do something to your body you can't un-do. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
In the USA more than 29,000,000 people had covid. More than 500,000 died. 153,000,000 million vaccine doses given with no deaths due to the vaccine. From what I noticed nobody undid the deaths from covid. If everyone gets the vaccine as soon as it is available we can be done with this early summer. We will also most likely need yearly boosters until this burns itself out. Just like every other disease we have had to deal with. Here is a site to get informed. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
DENNY

In the USA more than 29,000,000 people had covid. More than 500,000 died. 153,000,000 million vaccine doses given with no deaths due to the vaccine. From what I noticed nobody undid the deaths from covid. If everyone gets the vaccine as soon as it is available we can be done with this early summer. We will also most likely need yearly boosters until this burns itself out. Just like every other disease we have had to deal with. Here is a site to get informed. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
DENNY
Funny how the flu went away while all those deaths occurred and people who fell off ladders died of covid. If you rely on the Government for your facts you may be disappointed in the end (Gulf of Tonkin, weapons of mass destruction, Building 7). Just sayin. I'd go Ivermectin myself. I note you did not answer any of the questions.

Last edited:
You apparently have all the facts please post them for us.
DENNY
You should do your own research and form your opinion as you go. I would recommend not using one source, especially if it ends in .gov. Start by looking at the clinical trials for Ivermectin (not conducted in this country) and then ask yourself why was this drug not offered to those 500,000 people. That may explain the answer to question #1.

Funny how the flu went away while all those deaths occurred and people who fell off ladders died of covid.

Some flu seasons are inherently mild, but likely the reason that flu deaths were down significantly this year is because masks, social distancing, and working remotely actually work to reduce the spread of viruses.

I'm a public school teacher, and it goes without saying that public schools are disease factories (said in a bit of jest - but they are a perfect place for spreading viruses). Guess what? When we taught remotely this year, my wife (also a teacher), kids and I had absolutely no sicknesses for the entire year - not even a sniffle, and that is FAR from normal. Why? Because we kept our distance from others. We worked from home. And we wore masks when we went out. Of course this isn't sustainable in perpetuity and I'm happy to be back in the classroom in person, but pointing to a lower flu death toll as though that is somehow evidence of the CDC manipulating the numbers is misleading. Flu deaths are down because of the action taken to limit the spread of Covid-19. And that, to me, is a pretty good thing.

stewie.jpg

Attachments

• stewie.jpg
    stewie.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 237
Some flu seasons are inherently mild, but likely the reason that flu deaths were down significantly this year is because masks, social distancing, and working remotely actually work to reduce the spread of viruses.
Funny how that worked for the flu, Covid, not that much. Funny also why no one seems to want to answer the 3 questions. Some appear to get defensive. I was just askin.

How is this political? Is it political if we criticize the FAA?

Last edited:
Funny how that worked for the flu, Covid, not that much. Funny also why no one seems to want to answer the 3 questions. Some appear to get defensive. I was just askin.

It almost certainly helped with Covid. Of course there is no way to quantity it, but masking and distancing almost certainly reduced Covid cases and deaths.

I'm a public school teacher, and it goes without saying that public schools are disease factories (said in a bit of jest - but they are a perfect place for spreading viruses). Guess what? When we taught remotely this year, my wife (also a teacher), kids and I had absolutely no sicknesses for the entire year - not even a sniffle, and that is FAR from normal. Why? Because we kept our distance from others. We worked from home. And we wore masks when we went out. Of course this isn't sustainable in perpetuity and I'm happy to be back in the classroom in person, but pointing to a lower flu death toll as though that is somehow evidence of the CDC manipulating the numbers is misleading. Flu deaths are down because of the action taken to limit the spread of Covid-19. And that, to me, is a pretty good thing.

Same experience with the public school teacher, and kids. Wife is the teacher, kids in middle and high school, I’m just an airline dude. None of us had so much as a sniffle this winter season.

My wife received Moderna from her school district, kicked her donkey for 2-3 days. I had Pfizer, sore should for 36 hours and felt tired (but I had just flipped back to days after working a week of nights).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some flu seasons are inherently mild, but likely the reason that flu deaths were down significantly this year is because masks, social distancing, and working remotely actually work to reduce the spread of viruses......

That's a theory I heard & it seems very logical.
As far as not masks, distancing, etc not reducing covid-- how can we know?
If there had been no lockdowns, masks, & distancing protocols... who knows how many cases there might be?
Maybe none, maybe 10x what we had.

I moved the thread from Medical Matters to Cafe Supercub, folks, and will keep the thread "To-Vaccinate-Against-Covid-or-Not-To-Vaccinate-That-is-the-Question" in Medical Matters.

I am not monitoring the Cafe Supercub thread, but will keep an eye on questions that arise in Medical Matters, as always.

Randy

Upon further review, I think I just kicked the moderator can down the road. I don't think this thread really is contributing to safe flight from a medical perspective, and that is why I moved it to Cafe Supercub. I can see that things are now moving toward a discussion of masks, as well as the fact that the CDC sends mixed messages. I understand that there are those who have very strong political leanings (including me). I try to stick to good science in dealing with my patients, and try to provide information that is solid, scientifically speaking, and pertinent to aviation. Unfortunately, given the mixed messages, it is really difficult for the average person to make much sense out of the situation in which we find ourselves. I am reminded that there are many websites and chat rooms available for discussing side effects of the vaccine, the efficacy of masking, etc and we have the ability here to pm each other if we want direct discourse. I, for one, am happy to share my personal and medical feelings about the whole Covid situation and would welcome pms to discuss. Believe me, there are people here who feel strongly about all sides of this issue.

Take care, and Happy Flying and Happy Easter!

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back