• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cessna Windscreen Sources?

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Struggling to get a replacement windshield for a M or N model 172 (70's). It has taken a month so far from one supplier, and then it did not pass quality control so now it will be another wait.

Any suggestions on suppliers?

Anybody tried installing a used cessna windsheild?

sj

Have you tried Great Lakes aero?
old/used windshields tend to be brittle, can be an issue if any shoe horning required

LP Aero purchased through Aviall (or now Boeing fulfillment services) is the usual route. You will need to double check your serial number against their catalog to make sure you're getting the correct fit as they vary quite a bit on the Cessnas.

But yeah, they're always 6-8 weeks out even to dealers. Cee Baileys is a little easier down in the lower 48 since they charge shipping but they might be faster.

Try Aircraft Windshield in Los Alamitos, California. I haven't ordered from anyone else in years.
John

I know of Great Lakes Aero Plastics, Cee Bailey and LP Aero. I would not try a used one, different fit, prone to break at removal or install. How bad is what you have? AC 43.13 has good instructions on repairs. Have done them in a pinch.

Back