• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Had a set of points baffle me today!

astjp2

Utah/Alaska
Doing the 500 hour on a slick 4347 mag, installed both sets of points and the primary timed fine, but the secondary points just would not open. These are the m3637 ones and so I moved them back and forth and when I torqued them down, the cam would not even touch them to get them open. So I got another set and those timed perfectly for the 25 degree lag. This is just a reminder that new parts are not always good parts! Tim

Was rebuilding my bendix mags this summer. New points and one set was perfect, the other set, thought opening and closing perfectly would not show continuity when closed. Filed them, polished them, said a few choice words to them. Nothing we did could make them show continuity even thought they had full and perfect contact. Tossed those points and put in another set and all was good in the world again.

So after getting 3 other mags together, I had one mag with a bad coil. so I put in the kelly aerospace PMA'd coil and it tested good so on final assembly I went to put on the distributor assembly and no joy! the coil would not clear the lower distributor. So grabbed a new champion and it fit perfectly.IMG_2362.jpgIMG_2361.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 86
Back