• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tail PUSHER for a T-3 equipped plane

courierguy

Inkom, Idaho
Look at your T-3 tailspring, see that big gap in it under the main attach bolt? I had a chunk of 1" CM tube handy that fit through there just right, with a welded washer on one side, and another big washer on the other side, and a clevis pin to secure it. Then a simple push bar out of more scrap metal (made a bit more significant by virtue of the fact that it came to me as leftover scrap metal from a deck job I did for one my neighbors, Dick William's kid), with some rebar ends that inserts into the CM, a T handled bolt ties it together and then my ATV with a front mounted ball can now push the plane the last 6', off my concrete slab and into the snow so I can then transition to the skis prior to blastoff. That last 6', after new snow, and towards the middle of the winter when it's uphill a bit, was a real gut buster prior, now it's nothing, as was the cost. I call it a pusher as that's what I use it for, just a straight line easy push, I suppose it could be used as puller also, but I'd want to bow the push bar down to let the rudder move around without contacting it. In my use, it starts in line and stays that way so no need. I will leave the 1" tube in while flying, saving me crawling under the plane to mess with it, it's not really in the way, it'll come off when the skis do.

Attachments

• IMG_20210225_090613357.jpg
    IMG_20210225_090613357.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20210225_092948742_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210225_092948742_HDR.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 104
Back