• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Where to start removing weight

https://www.supercub.org/forum/showthread.php?51192-Earth-X-batteries-ok-or-not
I think when this technology was first introduced, there was a lot of confusion between lithium "ion" and Lithium "iron" . That one letter makes all the difference in the world. They are really two different chemical processes, and technologies, but the name is so similar that I think there were a lot of things that were misunderstood, attributed incorrectly, etc. The Li-iron technology seems to be a much safer (though somewhat less efficient) battery - and that is what the Earth -X is. I think some of the problems that the Li-ion batteries had were miss- attributed to the Li-iron batteries and thus sullied the reputation of both technologies and specifically the Li-iron batteries. I believe that most if not all the fires and runaways were in the Li-ion series of batteries ( I could be wrong, so please don't take my meager knowledge as the gospel) but you now have a couple of terms that are similar but different (Li-ion Vs Li-iron) to google search.

Hope this helps

Bill
This has been my impression as well. Two different chemical formulas.

https://earthxbatteries.com/our-batteries/lithium-battery-technology
"There is a lot of talk about lithium batteries these days, but not all lithium batteries are equal. There are dozens of different types of chemistry used in lithium batteries. The EarthX batteries use cells made of Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry that was developed in the U.S.A. This chemistry is the highest performance, most robust and the safest on the market today."

Had to swap that AC fitting for an AN I see. Warbird guys want all that AC stuff now to be completely original. Looks like an interesting project.

Josh Svennington was telling me about having a runaway EarthX in his experimental helicopter. From everything I have read I don't see how but he gets pretty worked up about them. I know plenty of people running them with no issues at all.

Yeah the AC was cracked. Can’t get them anymore. Had to re make the line. I’d be surprised if those fittings have been out in the last 80 years. They were stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the AC was cracked. Can’t get them anymore. Had to re make the line. I’d be surprised if those fittings have been out in the last 80 years. They were stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little quick drying paint ( acrylic nail polish ) and it all looks the same

Glenn

Back