• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

sensenich propeller pitch recommendation

Vermont
The sensenich 76ak-2 has been recommend by many as the best metal prop to pair with the C-85. The pitch range goes from 38-53. 42 seems to be the one of the most popular. Anyone flown behind the 38 pitch? Best short field performance is the goal.

I flew the 38 for several years behind a 39 J-3. It was a stroker, not a standard 85. The 38 is listed by sensenich as an ag prop for the 85 J-3. I loved it. Flew it on wheels,skis, and floats and it gave me the best takeoff and climb performance I was able to find. I also tried 71-42 72-43. The 38 was a tad slower but much better for short field performance and climb. Sorry I can't give you results with a standard 85.

I flew the 38 for several years behind a 39 J-3. It was a stroker, not a standard 85. The 38 is listed by sensenich as an ag prop for the 85 J-3. I loved it. Flew it on wheels,skis, and floats and it gave me the best takeoff and climb performance I was able to find. I also tried 71-42 72-43. The 38 was a tad slower but much better for short field performance and climb. Sorry I can't give you results with a standard 85.

Thanks, sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I have only flown 42 and 50 before. Goal is to eventually have a stroker, that is the way to go.

Back