• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Ohhh Boy!

supergoose

pa
After a little tease in December the month of January offered no ski flying here in NE Pa. BUT that’s about to change!

After a little tease in December the month of January offered no ski flying here in NE Pa. BUT that’s about to change!

Heh. It almost hit 60 here today. Last year we had deep snow this time of year.

But I've been watching that storm from far away. Hang tight!

Well, some of us did Glenn. But not all of us. :)
This current “storm” has provided Nuisance snow so far. Less than an inch. Hard on equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Like you NYGlenn we have had snow for awhile but this storm puked out. Most of what we got last night has blown 60 miles south becoming Farmboys nuisance!:-(

We got about 6” and still snowing in northern MD. Only the second snow this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea,
Oh Boy is right!
As Ozak said “bushwheels and crusty snow don’t play well together”.
almost spent the night!
C0EC1774-5D98-495B-B002-EA1BD3DAA6B5.jpg

Attachments

• C0EC1774-5D98-495B-B002-EA1BD3DAA6B5.jpg
    C0EC1774-5D98-495B-B002-EA1BD3DAA6B5.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 212
I have Upstate NY Cub ski time in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan ,Feb, Mar, April and May. Hoping to fill in the rest ;-)

Glenn

Anyone else see the "Airplane Repo" show last night? Don't remember the network, but it was right below MY 600 LB LIFE on my Dish channels. It follows some guys who make a living repoing planes, and while it had the expected amount of TV hype/fake drama and BS, it was still pretty interesting. He's getting ready to fly off in a SC, and it shows the snow conditions, and I'm getting the popcorn ready because it may get real interesting, (snow conditions for tires wise) when he miraculously finds a pair of skis (and installs them in 2 TV minutes), then it mentions while he's a very experienced all around pilot, he has never flown skis before and is faced with a very short takeoff, towards trees! At one point it shows him picking the tail up and torquing the plane around, like we do when on the tires, and I had to cringe, he had obviously blown his turnaround. I was thoroughly entertained by the series, and will look for it again, this was the first time I've seen it.

I must have missed it. I was probably flipping between Teen Moms and Dr. Pimple Popper:p

A while ago I watched an "Airplane Repo" episode about repossessing a C180 on floats in Florida. I happened to recognize both the airplane and an assistant they had with them for flying it out. Not sure why the show stars were unfamiliar with float flying, they seem capable of flying everything else. Anyway, the assistant was the owner of Adventure Seaplanes and he was repossessing his own 180, probably near their winter headquarters in Florida.

I’ll continue the thread creep here but before I do, we had a foot of snow here on LI. Nobody has skis because the airports get plowed and the grass strips close for fear someone will try to land a 172 on it and flip over. It’s been done.

Anyway, the one episode of that repro show I saw involved getting a jet that was in a the back of a hangar with about five other jets in front of it. They “snuck” in under cover of darkness. After the commercial break they had the jet out on the ramp. It takes me longer than that to get the Saratoga in front of me out of a two plane hangar.

Rich

Airplane repo could be a good show, but like all the reality shows I've ever watched (all three of them!),
they have to add in a bunch of BS drama that kinda ruins the whole thing for me.
"Flying Wild Alaska" (aka the Ariel Show) and "Axmen" are the other two.

I really get sick of shoveling snow.. After four years of record snow falls, last year I bought a snowmobile and skis for my airplane. I could have mowed my lawn last week. I still figure this makes for a win win.

Back