Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bush Pilotís Survival Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. Iíve the same one, although itís the Guide model w/laminated stock and hoop lever for mitten/gloves.
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    I like my Marlin ĎTrapperí, has Skinner sights... changed the front sight color from white to fluorescent orange...works better on white things in the snow...Attachment 53861

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean Ruglin?
    Glad this happened. Whatever oneís thoughts on Bill Rugerís commentary re: magazine sizes, theyíd likely agree that Ruger continues to make fine firearms for decent prices.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2020/09/30/long-live-lever-gun/

Quote Originally Posted by N3243A View Post
    Perhaps some day you Remlin lever gun guys might graduate to a real lever gun in 500 S&W instead. How about a Big Horn Armory Model 89 with 7+1 of 50 cal. Medicine. Out of a rifle the 500 S&W is quite a performer. Big Horn Armory initially tried to marry the Marlin 1895 action to the 500 S&W and found the action couldn't take the pressure so they had to build one from scratch. Attachment 54858

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a fact. Ruger has long been a pretty incredible maker of guns of the neatest designs at a reasonable price. After all who else would make a miniature garand action 223 or a falling block big bore rifle still these days? I'm sure glad they bought Marlin. Hopefully Marlin's name will mean a quality build again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well friends! Survivalgear does not contain only camping gear. What is you are going down land safe on a gravel or something else and need only a srew, a peace of wire or else. Had that kind of occasion not only once. And I was happy not only having a nice camp but also could repair and fly out my cub safe
    The wandering raven
    Likes wireweinie liked this post