• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Beringer wheels/brakes WITHOUT their boosters

KevinJ

Canyon, tx
Has anybody installed Beringer wheels/brakes using a different brake booster (Steve’s or Dakota)? I understand it is possible with the exception of needing a -3 fitting at the brake. I also understand that mixing parts in specific systems usually leads you down a rabbit hole but is there anybody with real world experience specifically with 10” wheels?

Has anybody installed Beringer wheels/brakes using a different brake booster (Steve’s or Dakota)? I understand it is possible with the exception of needing a -3 fitting at the brake. I also understand that mixing parts in specific systems usually leads you down a rabbit hole but is there anybody with real world experience specifically with 10” wheels?

I ran Dakota high pressure masters (red tops) with the Beringer 10" wheel and 35's for about a year. It most definitely does not work as well as the Beringer masters which I have now. I could taxi, turn, stop etc... but it certainly wasn't ideal. I couldn't hold more than about 1500rpm on run up before rolling forward. The systems don't like each other, wrong pressures I guess. If you are going to run Beringer wheels I recommend their master as well.

How do you think the Beringer set up compares, in braking power, to a Dakota booster/Cleveland double puck setup on 35s?

I have not flown 35's on any other set up so I can't compare. I had Dakota's with 31's in this plane previously. Beringer set up with 35's is as good or maybe a little better than that set up maybe? Hard to tell because there was a year in between...

Back