• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bendix Ignition Switch Repair?

Gordon Misch

Toledo, Wa (KTDO)
I have a Bendix switch (no start position) that is probably original on my -12. It's getting so that I have to jiggle the key just right to get it from the off position. I bought a new key, based on the code, and that didn't help.

Is there a way to overhaul these switches, or am I faced with replacement?

If replacement, should I spring for Bendix, or is ACS good? ACS is half the price!

I've considered toggle switches, but prefer the keyed arrangement.

Thanks -

They are repairable, but you'll have to find the parts kit according to the part number of your switch. Check the price and if it gets close to the cost of an ACS switch, just buy the new switch. ACS is a decent switch.

Web

Thanks - I haven't been able to locate a parts kit that includes the keylock portion. Just contacts etc.

Give it shot of gun oil, insert key and turn back and forth a few times. You may be amazed...

Well, the obvious found its way right past me - again. I squirted a dab of LPS2 into the keyhole, and it works much, much better now. Thanks folks!

Back