• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

J5 cub drawings/plans

Ben H

Hi,

A friend and myself have purchased an accident damaged J5A cub in England, does anyone have or can you point us in the right direction for a set of drawings/plans, any information or details would be a help. We have tried the cub club but seem to have a communication breakdown. We will also be looking for some wing ribs and steel fittings in the future as our starboard wing is heavily damaged.

Thanks Ben.

https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_...12FE19851C5D64BF86256A61005FC2F4?OpenDocument

ribs are similar to PA-12.... some braces are backwards at rear of rib... but you can mix and match without problems as far as I have done on a couple planes... you milage may vary... (I cut that section off anyways to add flaps...)

J-5 wings are 1" or so?? shorter than pa-12, but MANY planes flying around with one of each length/type wings....

aileron hinges on aileron are similar but not the same, but interchangeable (physically) (but are visibly different )

the "N" compression strut is of different kind of material, as far as I have noticed... may not be totally true....

I have only dealt with PA-12's with J5 wing/parts on them.... never did any J5 work... that I can remember at least ........

I restored a J-5A and actually went with a set of PA12 wings. No problem fitting them. The advantage of metal spars and wing tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back