• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-12 standard landing gear legs drawings with dimensions

Philly5G

England
I’m hoping someone has such a drawing that they’d be prepared to share with me please :) I’m making wheel pant brackets for my 12, but as we’re in COVID-19 lockdown again, I can’t get to the hangar to take the measurements and get the steelwork underway.

Thank you in advance :)

Philly

..but as we’re in COVID-19 lockdown again, I can’t get to the hangar to take the measurements and get the steelwork underway.

Thank you in advance :)

Philly

Turn off your TV and radio. Go out and Live you life. Haven’t owned a tv in??? 12? Years(except used as a computer monitor) and haven’t turned radio on since mid March when the bs started. Deleted Facebook, Twitter....

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Do you need a pair of original pants for that 12? They are not pristine but are nice original............ a little work would make them pristine. They are the nicest "originals" I have ever seen. Have a few dings but no cracks or bondo. I believe they have the original light green paint flaking off, no primer. I might be convinced to part with them as I don't see needing any pants for 800 x 4s in the near future. I guess I've had these for close to 30 years.

Do you need a pair of original pants for that 12? They are not pristine but are nice original............ a little work would make them pristine. They are the nicest "originals" I have ever seen. Have a few dings but no cracks or bondo. I believe they have the original light green paint flaking off, no primer. I might be convinced to part with them as I don't see needing any pants for 800 x 4s in the near future. I guess I've had these for close to 30 years.

Do you have the fitting brackets for them too? Are you based in the US? I'm based in England and I'm guessing the shipping $ for the pants would be pretty signficant :roll:

Philly

These are the pants that have the step on the top not the "peanut" version. No brackets but they would not be too hard to make.......... flat plate that clamps around the gear. These pants have a rectangular reinforcement plate where there were 3 or 4 Dzus, I think they were, and a formed steel plate attached below that which had attachment fore and aft of axle center. Can send some pics if you like. Shipping would probly be fairly significant ......... but then so would the pants! These ARE pretty rare

Philly

These are the pants that have the step on the top not the "peanut" version. No brackets but they would not be too hard to make.......... flat plate that clamps around the gear. These pants have a rectangular reinforcement plate where there were 3 or 4 Dzus, I think they were, and a formed steel plate attached below that which had attachment fore and aft of axle center. Can send some pics if you like. Shipping would probly be fairly significant ......... but then so would the pants! These ARE pretty rare

Thanks SA but I'll continue with my "peanut" versions for now, although these do sound great!!

What we always called the "peanut" pant was more of a fender than a pant, open on the sides. ........... but kept the cow $hit off the bottom of the wing. Is that what you are trying to install? SOMEWHERE I have the prints for the pant I have that I got from Clyde Smith many years ago. If I can find it, maybe it has the mounting brackets on it. But Clyde would be THE one for any accurate info on the 12. His dad did the certification flights on the 12 originally. I got to talk to him 30 years ago or so.

What we always called the "peanut" pant was more of a fender than a pant, open on the sides. ........... but kept the cow $hit off the bottom of the wing. Is that what you are trying to install? SOMEWHERE I have the prints for the pant I have that I got from Clyde Smith many years ago. If I can find it, maybe it has the mounting brackets on it. But Clyde would be THE one for any accurate info on the 12. His dad did the certification flights on the 12 originally. I got to talk to him 30 years ago or so.

These are the pants I have, I did think the "peanut" description was quite appropriate as they are pretty much peanut shape, but now you've described the real peanut shape I'm glad they're not!!!!

Image1610985635.927471.jpg
Image1610985673.574647.jpg

Wow, amazing to be in contact with the original PA-12 test pilot!! :)

Attachments

• Image1610985635.927471.jpg
    Image1610985635.927471.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Image1610985673.574647.jpg
    Image1610985673.574647.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 148
Those look more like what we used to call "Funk" style. I have put them on clip wing Cubs before. Are those fiberglass or aluminum?

Back