• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

TCM C90 Push Rod Tube Leakage

sdischer

ATP, CFII, A&P
COLLEGE STATION, TX
I am getting a little oil seepage where the push rod tubes press into the head/rocker box. I dabbed a little High Temp RTV on the outside all the way around the circumference and the leak has stopped for now.

Short of pulling the jug, does anyone have a better idea for sealing the push rod tubes externally until I need to pull the jug? It is just 3-4 drops every hour I fly but it exits the latch holes and streams down the side of the cowl and face it, I HATE oil leaks. Thanks for any ideas.

You can buy a tool like this to expand the loose tube while on the engine buy just pulling the pushrod and rocker.

Screenshot_20210114-183618.png

But if you cleaned it good enough the rtv should work. The best thing I have found to clean an oily surface is plain old starting fluid.

Glenn

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210114-183618.png
    Screenshot_20210114-183618.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
You can buy a tool like this to expand the loose tube while on the engine buy just pulling the pushrod and rocker.

View attachment 53605

But if you cleaned it good enough the rtv should work. The best thing I have found to clean an oily surface is plain old starting fluid.

Glenn
That tool has barely enough ass to bead an aluminum tube much less a head. I have the beading tool for the head if you want to try it. the Real Gasket pushrod tub kit is the cat's ass in my opinion.

I’m thinking the Real Gaskets” tubes are the way to go. I assume you cut off the old tubes and then extract the tube piece left in the head? How difficult? Worse than cutting off a pinion pivot shaft when installing a starter? That’s wasn’t terrible BTW just tedious.

Back