• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Trying to get length from trailing edge of wing to tip of spinner

TxAgfisher

East Texas
Searched here and the interweb and couldn't find it, although I am sure it is on here somewhere... anyone have it handy?

Why do you need to measure the length from the trailing edge of the wing to the tip of the spinner?

Because I'm not where the airplane is to measure it and I am trying to see if this hangar lot in Texas is big enough to put my camper and airplane in.

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 119
Looks like it - I was going to buy a 50x60 that's already built but I am having them build me an extra 4 car garage at the new house for my shop. Probably end up building on a 44x42 lot and just have the plane and camper in there with the rest of my stuff being able to stay at the house.

Starting a 45x45 off the west side of my hangar. Was gonna go just big enough for a Cub but decided to make it longer so I have a spot for my own project that I won't have to move to get out of the way of customers. Gonna foam it and heat and cool it. Tired of Texas summers.

Steve, I have a 50x40, and get two similar planes in it, but it’s a little tight. I’m sure you’ve checked it out thoroughly, and maybe that extra depth would work! But after having screwed up a shop by going just a few feet too small - get it right before you build! It sucks when you finish and really wish you had that small amount back so to speak.

You can NEVER have too big a building...

Our maintenance shop is 50 X 50 with attached 20 X 45 parts/engine room and 20 X 20 office. Also have a 40 X 15 paint booth outside of the back wall.
One storage hanger of 40 X 30 that is full
Another hanger of 70 X 90 with the 52 foot diameter rotating floor that is full
I am real tempted to put a 40 X 40 building near the maintenance building for long term project builds as our main building is full of projects and it gets tight doing annual inspections on a day to day basis.

Brian

Back