• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I Call them Patch Plates

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
I'm looking to buy a handfull of these for a project we are working on. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what these are called, much less a part number. If any of you have an AN number or a common part number that would at least set me on the right path.

unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 190
Guys....They are a Tinnerman product, or at least they used to be. Douglas used they extensively on the DC-4,-6,-7 for access to control surface attach hinge bearing eye bolts and flap vane streamlined standoff attach eyebolts. I’ll dig a part number up tomorrow when I get to work and see if it’s different than what you have here. I know for a fact that they’re listed in the DC-6 IPC as a Tinnerman but don’t know if they’re still called that or not when we order them.

Regards, Oz

Tinnerman plates are difficult to find new and very expensive if you do. I got some used ones off ebay a few years ago, from a Bonanza.

I know Reeve Airmotive up here in Anchorage used to carry them, not sure if they still do, as they quit carrying allot of useful parts after they were bought out....

Found them...

A6912-832-1
A6913-1024-1
A6914-1024-1

Grant, P/N correct, my Douglas IPC shows A619-1024-3 and confirmed it’s a Tinnerman p/n. This book calls it
“Cover assembly, patch”. These are about the size of a silver dollar. I’ve also seen them smaller, say .50 cent piece size.
Quick search shows Controller Aircraft parts listing some from different sources both as removed and new.

I had bags of them years ago when Piper Service Bulletin 1044 came out. Sold them as a kit to cover the holes in the leading edge after inspecting the forward strut attach fittings. Like hen's teeth now.

A little more research also revealed a Beech part number of: 132641-5G. This would be the alternate to A6914-1024-1

Back