• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Floor board scuff plates

MEM-PA12

Are most folks making their own floor board scuff plates that I see aft of the pedals? Anyone know of a source where they can be bought already finished? Thx

Not sure what finish you need but they're just scuff plates. By nature 'finish' would be short lived at best. make them as big or as small as you need. Aluminum, stainless, or even kydex or nylon. If you don't want or can't use screws to hold them in place, glue them down.

Web

No need for scuff plates .I used Poly fiber epoxy varnish . It wears like iron ! Mine has been on for 2300 hours and still looks great , even were my heels ride .
[h=2]POLY-FIBER STITS EPOXY VARNISH EV-400 / EV-410[/h]https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pnpages/09-05645.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiMPC5Jma7gIVyNXACh34qAoIEAQYASABEgJf1fD_BwE

The original Piper heel plates have a cut out and broken edge to orient them correctly in relation to the hole in the floor for the brake pedal. I have found no source for the originals. Since others don't use them maybe someone has an original set stashed somewhere you can have.

Whichever material you use, make sure they're pretty close to the rear of the rudder pedal groove. I'm still using the original plates that came with my 12, although I've replaced the carpet and reused the plates, they're wide enough for the rudder and heel brakes - On a couple of times I've caught the heel of my shoe against the front of the plate on landing, not enough to cause a major drama, but enough to disrupt the flow and relaxed thought process........ Does anyone make their plates with channels, so they can extend over the pedal grooves, or even shape the scuff plates so they can be against the heel brakes AND the rear of the rudder pedal slot?

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 18.11.50.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 18.11.50.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 18.11.50.png
    702.1 KB · Views: 120
The original Piper heel plates have a cut out and broken edge to orient them correctly in relation to the hole in the floor for the brake pedal. I have found no source for the originals. Since others don't use them maybe someone has an original set stashed somewhere you can have.

This may be the answer to my question in the next post Steve!! Do you have any pics of these plates please? THANKS Philly

Back