• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Window latch

Mr. Ed

PNW
I’m building a swing up window for the left side of my experimental PA18. It’s essentially identical to the upper right side door/window but doesn’t have the door below to capture it. I’m looking for ideas on a latching mechanism. If anybody has photos or a drawing of what you have done I would appreciate seeing them.

Considering the size of the window I would think that it might not seal well with a single latch. Should I tie two latches together so that the window could be opened from either seat?

Thanks.

Mr. Ed

ABCE84E9-E133-4E35-8847-62745FA8F508.jpeg

Are you thinking of something like this?

Attachments

• ABCE84E9-E133-4E35-8847-62745FA8F508.jpeg
    ABCE84E9-E133-4E35-8847-62745FA8F508.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 219
Have a shooting window on our Husky. It has the pneumatic strut as shown by KJC above. It is limited to 85 MPH with the window open. Works well and as Steve said it also holds the window closed. The window has a locking mechanism so you can reach through it and close the other side then lock the window closed. Won't keep out a determined thief but I feel safer leaving things in view while at fly-ins.

Last edited:
Back