• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Stratus Location

Our cub has had the airspeed indicator on the far right and our tach has been off so in the process of getting the tach redone Grant and I thought we would reorganize the panel a little and get rid of an old loran. Out goal is clean and simple. So my question is where have you guys been putting your stratus so that it is off the top of the panel and still gets good signal? We are wondering about mounting it under the panel or in the cross brace on top of the fuse. IMG_1506.JPGIMG_2563.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2563.JPG
    IMG_2563.JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 228
I mounted my stratus on the right rear window, just behind passenger seat. It’s mounted horizontally w/ the suction cup mount. No external antennae used. I have it linked to a iPad mini. Works great.

Jim

I have mine suctioned cupped upside down to the skylight and a the power cable running down the side of the windshield frame to my usb charging port.... will post pics soon.

Velcroed on top of x brace, but gets warm there due to sun/skylight when parked and triggers internal cooling fan frequently which really burns up the battery.
maybe need to re-think location

Last edited:
I mounted the plastic tray to the right of the underside of the greenhouse X-bracing with a couple of Adel clamps. You must countersink the holes so the bolts will be flush, and use the iPad utility to reverse the image and lock it in for straight & level. Great reception, and easy access from the front and back seat. Never had it overheat, ever in Texas, and for long flights, I can run a power cord to the USB plug in the panel.Stratus Mount 1.JPG

Attachments

• Stratus Mount 1.JPG
    Stratus Mount 1.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 170
Set it on top of the glare shiel with velcro to hold it. Drop a wire through the Vee brace hole if you need ship's power.

If you mount it under the panal, the signal will be blocked by the aluminum boot cowl and instrument panel.

Mounted mine on the battery shelf. I ran 12V power back there to power both the Stratus and the ELT GPS front end. You can set the Stratus to turn on/off with power, so you will not have to manually turn it on or off.

Mounted mine on the battery shelf. I ran 12V power back there to power both the Stratus and the ELT GPS front end. You can set the Stratus to turn on/off with power, so you will not have to manually turn it on or off.

How do you set that up? I downloaded an app I thought would do that but doesn’t seem to let me. I have the white stratus.

How do you set that up? I downloaded an app I thought would do that but doesn’t seem to let me. I have the white stratus.

It’s been so long since I set it up I sort of forgot how I did it.

If the app doesn’t work, Try using the ForeFlight app, under More, Devices. The Stratus must be powered on, and your iPhone or iPad connected to it, for ForeFlight to see it.

Back