• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-12 Door Hinges

nrupiper

Iowa
So there are 2 types of door hinge setups on the PA-12. One with welded tabs high and low and the other with removable hinges that are both fairly low. I have the type with the hinges that are removable with 2 screws from the door. Well this annual we found that one of the ears has split on the bottom hinge. I know there are several people that have made new gull wing doors for their 12's. Does anyone have the old hinges laying around the hangar? HELP!
My other thought was to try to weld the crack shut but it looks like pot metal so it may be a bit tricky.

Attachments

• Hinge.jpg
    Hinge.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 142
So there are 2 types of door hinge setups on the PA-12. One with welded tabs high and low and the other with removable hinges that are both fairly low. I have the type with the hinges that are removable with 2 screws from the door. Well this annual we found that one of the ears has split on the bottom hinge. I know there are several people that have made new gull wing doors for their 12's. Does anyone have the old hinges laying around the hangar? HELP!
My other thought was to try to weld the crack shut but it looks like pot metal so it may be a bit tricky.

I think I may have some of those.

Tim

Does anybody know if this type of hinge uses a Clevis bolt, Clevis pin, or other? When I bought the airplane it just had a bolt and nut but after looking at this hinge it appears to have 10/32 threads in the bottom of the hinge. Just wondering what original had? The Univair manual doesn’t have this hinge configuration. Thanks

Back