• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Abrasion Boots

TxAgfisher

East Texas
Search here didn’t yield what I was looking for - looking for something protect the horizontal. I had some 3 mil race tape but it just didn’t lay to my liking even after cutting reliefs etc. Any other ideas?

I use the 2” thickish rubber from 3M- stretch it a bit as you center it on the leading edge, then the TE’s will shrink in as you fold it and avoid the pickers you described. I don’t cut any slits.

I use the 2” thickish rubber from 3M- stretch it a bit as you center it on the leading edge, then the TE’s will shrink in as you fold it and avoid the pickers you described. I don’t cut any slits.

Happen to have a link you can share to the product mentioned?

Chief Aircraft sells rolls of the 2" 3M tape. I have used the Cessna leading edge rubber but it becomes a real project to get it stretched and glued (no adhesive back) without puckers. I like it because it is a little thicker in the middle and is rubber, stuff seems to bounce off. I don't find the p/n handy but it was shown in Cessna books as an optional part for 172's through 185/206. Pretty wide and will be a bear to get on well. Tape can be warmed up good then stretched on readily.
Ken

I don’t remember which plane or how it held up. But I taped off
And did stabilizer leading edge area with truck bed liner..... wish I could say how it held up, or didn’t......

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back