• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Main LG Wheelski tailwheels

Jeff Pralle

Alaska
Looking for thoughts opinions and photos if anyone has added a full swiveling tailwheel to their main skis. Currently refurb on a set of flilite c3000s.

thanks Jeff

Hmmm, never worried much about that. But, it’d be an engineering project to allow them to caster and retract....maybe.

MTV

That air glass 3000 on my friends C180 has a Scott 2000 on the back of each ski. Performance killer. Each one throws a rooster tail.

Glenn

so it turns easy by manpower on a scrubby surface?

Unhook bungees/springs or a short ratchet strap from ski tail to rear gear fitting to lift back wheel up so it doesn't drag before manpowering it 90* to get back in hangar

Glenn

Last edited:
I had this mentioned to me a few days ago. Sparked Idea. Yes it would take some engineering. The TW retract on the C3000 is 2hat makes them work.

I'd think a strap at the rear check cable attachments would pull the tails up but in my time with FliLites I never had any need to do anything. When the ground got soggy I'd lift the tail and walk it around.

Back