• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Window/Door catch, what and from whom?

Seasons Greetings Iain

When I started the restoration of the SuperCub, one thing that was near the top of the list was a decent catch that held the window open in flight.

The original catch was weak and we modified it with a small rubber castration ring around the wings which was a partial success but the window still flopped down at times which is always a surprise.

I have ordered the latch from Cubcrafters which Bill has fitted, think it is the best solution. We have not fitted the tank yet so will do a bit of work to mount it properly with a little bridge despite what the listing says.

I actually have two on the way via USPS to the UK and could probably send one on to you if you needed it soon.

Kind regards

Stew

http://store.cubcrafters.com/Upper-Door-LatchCatch-Kit_p_800.html

View attachment 53260

Thanks very much Stew very kind of you to offer, I have ordered one and have a friend in the states who will bring it back to South Africa for me!

Thanks guys for all the input. I have ordered the cub crafters kit and wait with baited breath for the task of fitting it, wings covered and mounted, could be interesting.

Back