Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Lower 48 to AK shipping

Post Thanks / Like

Lower 48 to AK shipping

Hi all, I'm considering driving up to AK spring of 2021, and I'm considering hauling a load of freight up if there were enough interest. I got to thinking about this after shipping a set of wings to AK earlier this fall, and the headache it is for you guys to get large items shipped up there. What I was thinking I'd do is, but an enclosed trailer and spend the winter putting a load together of wings, fuselages, etc, then come up in May. There would be no middle man, the items would be in my trailer from the time they were picked up, to the time they got to your doorstep. I live within a days drive of Dakota Cub, Javron, and Backcountry Supercubs, so if any of you have items from them that need shipped, I could pick them up at their facilities. Ideally, I'd be able to sell the pickup and trailer that I drove up, as well, and I'd fly home commercial.
    At this point I'm just putting some feelers out to see if there would be enough interest to pursue this, and if there is, I'd consider making it an ongoing deal, possibly making a second trip up in the fall.
    I'd like to keep it mostly aviation parts related, but there would always be a possibility of hauling other items as well, atv/utv, motorcycles, any other large, hard to ship items. The goal would be to offer better, more personalized service than a big shipping company, at less cost.
    Let me know what you think...
    Likes DENNY, TurboBeaver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How about powder and primers? Pretty scarce right now and tough to get shipped.

Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.
    Likes Willie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wireweinie View Post
    How about powder and primers? Pretty scarce right now and tough to get shipped.

Web
    Pretty scarce down here, too. Shelves are all but empty everywhere I've been the last month. Glad I was pretty well stocked up before Nov. 3.
    Likes skywagon8a liked this post