• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

1955 Cessna float kit install planning

Paul Jackson

PATRON
MN
I am exporting a 55' Cessna and the buyer wants to install a float kit on it during the restoration. I know it is a PITA and expensive but he found a low time machine that is a good candidate for a build up and engine change etc and frankly he has very cheap and good labor. I know there isn't a per se kit and I think there is a set of drawings for the early serials that show work to be completed. If anyone has insight or resources please point me in the right direction. I just ordered the Northpoint 520 and McCauley to go in the box and would like to put the bits for the float kit install (including drawings in there also). I have sent him other aircraft and chastised him for not looking at a float kit to increase marketability while he has them torn down.

Found a few threads but they were pretty dated and was looking for fresh info and maybe someone with parts and drawings.

Paul, send me an email. I have the accessory kit parts list and instructions scanned for 180 s/n 30000-50661 which covers the 1955 airplane.

It’s not hoarding if your stuff is cool.

—Amy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back