• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Trying to register (NOAA) my new 406 Beacon

The Kid

FOUNDER
Thompson Falls
I have a new ACK E-04 beacon I am trying to register and it wants an "ID" number. The beacon is kinda hard to get to but if I unstrap it, and take it out, would it have a serial number on it somewhere then? Anything I should or should NOT do when taking it out of the plane?

I just got one as well, it came with a small sticky label paper clipped to the documentation paperwork. Its also on the beacon itself. I'd turn it off as you take it out of plane. Don't forget to turn it back on tho, and do push the test button on the panel when you're done, to ensure it really is armed.

If your IA installed it , you may find that sticky note in your logbook where it was intended to go

The ID sticker is on the top of the case. Look at your switch labels to determine top. It should be opposite the mounting tray.

The 'ID' code is usually the hex code. That's a 16 digit, alpha numeric code. It will be located on the data tag on the unit, on the box it came in, and on the paperwork that was in the box.

Web

When you register it, put the Username and Password for the ELT in the log book, that way your I/A can verify that its still registered to the correct owner. We have 35 airplanes at work and I am not able to see who they are registered to, so we had one go off 2 weeks ago, Comsarsat called the previous owner asking if he crashed. He had no clue what was going on with the airplane...neither did my boss.

Thanks for the tips and help. Without the "heads up" I would have stumbled around and probably not got it registered. The HEX code is what they want alright. It's 15 digits. But on the ACK it's not all one number but broken up. I probably wouldn't have figured that out. THANKS again.

Back