• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Windows

The Kid

FOUNDER
Thompson Falls
I have new windows and new window channels. Very hard to open pilot's window now. Is there "something" that I can apply to the window channels to make the window way easier to open by any chance?

Do you have the fuzzy insert in the channel? If so, sounds like you'll need to pull the windows and sand any high spots on the top or bottom edges.

Web

Make window smaller by sanding to fit like web said. Make sure they are overlapping correctly too

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Do the windows move up and down? Loose in the tracks? Make sure the corners are the rounded as well or they will dig into the felt.

I don't have a clue how to "pull" the windows. But if I can get that figured out some say to "sand" the top and bottom of the window? By hand or some kind of a powered sander?

Look at the top track, you should find one or two small screws in the slot. Remove screws tilt windows out and remove.
DENNY

EDIT Mike says it better.

Last edited:
I don't have a clue how to "pull" the windows. But if I can get that figured out some say to "sand" the top and bottom of the window? By hand or some kind of a powered sander?

Screws on center of top track. Pull wing root fairing to see where the protrude. Remove the 3 screws. Put windows in center position and pull/tilt top of wind and track inside fuselage

Belt sander or such

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back