• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oil temperature bulb seals how?

sdischer

ATP, CFII, A&P
COLLEGE STATION, TX
I hijacked this pic from another thread but my question is, is there an O'ring on this groove or no?

2020-11-25_20-16-22.jpg

Attachments

• 2020-11-25_20-16-22.jpg
    2020-11-25_20-16-22.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 110
no.... but it MUST screw into the CORRECT adaptor... there is another SIMILAR looking adaptor it WILL screw into, and NOT BE ABLE TO SEAL AGAINST...

that angled part, just to the left of your arrow is the sealing surface....

Ok thanks. It is the right adapter and it seals but I cleaned the oil screen today and for the first time I noticed that groove on bulb and thought, hmm, I wonder if that is supposed to have an O'ring? Thanks again and happy thanksgiving.

Last edited:
like mike says 2 types, square and tapered.no copper gasket, oring or anything used.
file.php

and the bulb nut needs to be snugged up for no leaks but also not so much to start causing yourself problems, theres a spot in between.

Some adapters have threads that don't match. A buddy just had Wolf re-do a gauge, and I insisted he get Wolf to supply the correct adapter.

Measure carefully - Wolf will supply the capillary at the proper length if you ask.

Back