• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Dakota Cub master cylinder install

cubpilot2

SPONSOR
Anchorage Alaska
Did some searching but couldn’t find enough info.

As I recall these Dakota master cylinders were said to be a preferred product but best installed during a rebuild vs an assembled airplane.

I have my 180 cub down to bare bones so Looking for install recommendations if anything out of the normal that might exists.

Are reinforcements needed for bolt down?

I want to keep parking brakes so is that going be a problem ( tubing interference etc). What is the best routing for the lines.

photos would be awesome.

Thanks guys

They are a direct bolt in replacement master cylinder. Mine have parking brakes. I’ve put several sets on covered airplanes. You have to glue in some fabric doublers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m putting in the rear seat heat which uses a very hot hose going near these.
Also have the battery under the seat.

Should I expect any issues with these? Thermal expansion of the liquids?

They are vented. I ran a scat hose from the defroster under the underseat battery and dakotas and had no problem.

I use a SCAT tube and a flange off the factory heat box down the center. No issue from expansion since the master cylinders are vented. The Dakota Cub brakes were in my Cub when I bought it. They work great on even 35s. Better than other brake set ups I have flown with same tires.

Dakota Cub and My Steve’s Aircraft cylinders are the only certified via STC “vented” style master cylinders I know of... No problems with heat and cooling expansion of the fluids with vented style brakes.

Dakotas replace the entire brake system requiring some fabric work on the belly for bolting the system to the floor. Mine replace just the front section of the SCOTT brakes retaining the pedal and frame assembly. Both are 1 inch piston designs and produce the same amount of pressures out of the cylinder.

Brian

Back