• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I increased my oil pressure

sdischer

ATP, CFII, A&P
COLLEGE STATION, TX
My C90 has always run about 32 psi oil pressure. That’s the bottom of the green arc but never goes below so ok. Today in my relentless pursuit to fix every oil leak in the world I dropped the oil sump tank to replace the gasket and while I had it off I did a little inspection. I found the oil suction tube was a little wiggly. It was safetied it as it should be but just slightly loose. I turned it may be a 16th of a turn to where it should be tight and I rewired it. I put everything back together and cranked the engine to check for leaks and guess what, more oil pressure! It now runs 42 psi cold with Aeroshell W100 and 40 at cruise when at operating temperature. That little bit of air leaking on the suction tube threads was costing 8 psi oil pressure. Something to keep in mind for the future.

when i did my motor i did a copper gasket there and not the crush type, i gotta look in the parts book again and see what is actually called for. that tube shakes and vibrates quite a bit.

Back