• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Super Cub Training

Hi. A bit dated reference. I did a float rating with Terry in Jun 2016. A great instructor. The Super Cub, 4413Z was fine. A great area to get back country training. I did an extra 2 hours of water work on various lakes and water the area, in addition to the rating.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone have experience with Backcountry Flying Experience in Montana? Looking to do tailwheel and backcountry training in a Super Cub and they offer both.

Here is their website: https://www.backcountryflyingexperience.com

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Yes I have done my last three Flight Reviews with them. Two were in their PA18 on straight floats and the last one, in July of this year, in my plane. I would rate them as good all around. I’ve only flown with Perry but have talked with some of the other instructors. They’re good, knowledgeable and experienced pilots familiar with Cubs and the backcountry. Perry was a game warden in the Bob Marshall for many years.

I did a tailwheel refresher with Perry Brown last year (2019) and enjoyed the training. Good aircraft and a great area to fly. There are several backcountry areas to explore.

Back