• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Edo 2000 Drawings

ak-flyer

SPONSOR
ANC, AK
Getting ready to rebuild my Edo 2000’s, does anybody have any drawings or documentation that would be useful for reference during the process?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

They have some damage that needs fixing and skins aren’t in the greatest shape, so I am going to drill it all apart and put it back together with new stuff. I realize that the skins themselves and pictures are probably the best blue print. But I have stumbled across drawings of the spreader bar attach points and thought there must be more out there.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

What you have sounds like installation drawings. There should be many sets of those in the Anchorage area. There used to be an EDO distributor at Merrill field (I forget their name) west of Stoddards. They may have had detailed construction drawings. Check at Stoddards to ask if they have any idea.

I suspect the sequence of how things are put back together might be important. That's a whole lot of rivets.

Jim

I'd not speculate. Call EDO and Eddie Peck and ask for their recommended rebuild sequence. Some components go then get reinstalled first to establish and maintain conformity to design.

Gary

I'd not speculate. Call EDO and Eddie Peck and ask for their recommended rebuild sequence. Some components go then get reinstalled first to establish and maintain conformity to design.

Gary

Edo no longer exists. All the float designs were acquired by Kenmore Air sometime in the 1980s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All good points. Thanks for the ideas, I didn’t even think to ask Stoddards. Edo/KENMORE seems to be rather tight lipped about sharing anything like that, understandable considering they don’t want people trying to copy their design. Can’t say I blame them for that.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

You are probably aware that the eyebolts can be installed incorrectly (spreader bar to float hull). Came across a pair this spring that was toeing in several inches and has been for several decades. Not easily apparent to the eye unless at the right angle. Tape will tell the story. I am surprised that the performance wasn't degraded more that it was. Been flying well for many yrs. LOL. I didn't see it. One of the sharp eyed 12 owners who was working on the install picked up on it. Will probably just check them all from now on.

Good point supercrow, I've found the same. (On a brand new installation at Greenville) The spreader bar installation drawing makes this very clear with a NOTE on the drawing to this effect. The chamfer on the front bolts should be on the top and the rear on the bottom. The read spreader attachment holes are lower on the floats than those of the front spreader.

Back