• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Always order extras

txpacer

SPONSOR
Iowa Park, TX
Working on getting Chris' Cub back together, I've been working on the panel lately. I went to wire in the headset jacks, found that they didn't come with the insulated washers they need. Used to, but now they don't, so I ordered some (available separately). Assuming I would drop and lose at least one, I ordered extras. It's a good thing, because this is what I got:

washers.jpg

These aren't expensive parts, but this is damned annoying. One of the shoulder washers was buggered, as well. I'm sure I could call and get more sent, but I shouldn't have to. I don't think Spruce pays their shipping folks very much. Bent cans and kinked cables seems to be the norm these days.

Attachments

• washers.jpg
    washers.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 168
Working on getting Chris' Cub back together, I've been working on the panel lately. I went to wire in the headset jacks, found that they didn't come with the insulated washers they need. Used to, but now they don't, so I ordered some (available separately). Assuming I would drop and lose at least one, I ordered extras. It's a good thing, because this is what I got:

View attachment 52407

These aren't expensive parts, but this is damned annoying. One of the shoulder washers was buggered, as well. I'm sure I could call and get more sent, but I shouldn't have to. I don't think Spruce pays their shipping folks very much. Bent cans and kinked cables seems to be the norm these days.

Shipping did not do that damage.

Amazon has changed the consumer expectations on how quickly an item is shipped/delivered. And lots of people are making more $$ on unemployment.

Tim

Those look home made.

For anyone looking for these, the Switchcraft part numbers are S1029 for the shoulder washer and S1028 for the flat washer. And make sure the hole in the panel is drilled to 7/16".

Web

55 gallons of MEK will be here today so if y'all come down to resupply I have some of the flat and shouldered.

View attachment 52407

Who supplied jacks with the washers? I buy these by the bag full and I've never seen them come in the same package.

Web

I've gotten them from Spruce before, and they came with the washers. Not any more, it seems.

Wow! I'm actually impressed that they did that at all. I always ask the customer if they need the washers with the jacks. Not for the up sell but because I don't want the phone call in a couple of days complaining about noise or not working. And I still have lots of people that don't know what they are. It allows a 'teaching moment'.

Web

Back