• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Thinking of The Dark Side, C182

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the plan, kind of has a barn/mice smell to it currently. ;)
That’s the panhandle you’re smelling. Barn, mice, dust, feedyard, etc. Hard to wash off. Pretty soon it’ll grow on you and you’ll want to move up here to gods country so you can smell it everyday;-)

That’s the panhandle you’re smelling. Barn, mice, dust, feedyard, etc. Hard to wash off. Pretty soon it’ll grow on you and you’ll want to move up here to gods country so you can smell it everyday;-)

Reminds me of the joke from the pipeline days about how you get to Texas from Alaska........

Kinda like going to the oil refinery my grandfather worked at. I thought it stunk and he thought it smelled like perfume.

Tried posting this from my tablet last night with no joy. Puter today. Nothing special but not butchered and love the teal yokes from back in the day. ;)
IMG-0711.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-0711.jpg
    IMG-0711.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,723
Kinda like going to the oil refinery my grandfather worked at. I thought it stunk and he thought it smelled like perfume.

Tried posting this from my tablet last night with no joy. Puter today. Nothing special but not butchered and love the teal yokes from back in the day. ;)
View attachment 52521

You'll love the rudder trim on trips and those South Beach Deco yokes are sweet.

Last edited:
When he was little we watched a Volpar converted Beech 18 land at our airport and when I asked him about going to look at it he wasn't interested, said it had a nose wheel. I jaded him when he was little. He will come to appreciate it when we can go to some of the places he wants to go. ;)

You think it smells funky now, just wait until the Wu Tang Clan and the two Harlem globetrotters get out. It’ll smell like coconut oil and a brush fire:p

Ya well, tell him a P-38 and a Twin Otter both have nosewheels but he probably wouldnt want to fly either of those airplanes.

Kurt

Kurt, when Lee was about 7 yrs old he got a ride in the Red Bull P-38!
Lou

Sweet!! Just how I like those old planes....fairly basic and at a good price. My 172 is going to younger pastures and I have been looking for something else and those older 182's have definitely been on the short list.

Lou

That is right, he didn't thumb his nose at Nelson when he offered him the P38 ride.
PB010039.jpg
PB010035.jpg

Attachments

• PB010039.jpg
    PB010039.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 174
  • PB010035.jpg
    PB010035.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 164
Cathy and I are pretty excited, catching a ride in a friend's Baron to Vega, Texas to pick up the 182 in the morning.

Lou
Lucky Kid! I had a chance to sit in it when Lefty Garner owned it. That alone was a thrill. :onfire: Also watched him put on a show with it. What a graceful smooth demonstration!

Steve

We went down that rabbit hole I little ourselves... Just a slightly smaller version..

6769958ff324031364fc0aeb341edd49.jpg

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like a great plane, Steve. With that engine and the older model, it is going to have some fuel limitations, I assume? Seems like those older models perform great, and I love the manual flaps, but they didn't have a lot of fuel even for the original engine. Which is fine, people like to land and get out anyway.

We have 65 gallons and from what I have seen can figure 12.5-13 gph but we shall see. Cessna fuel gauges are erratic and all I have to go by on engine temps is one EGT so will be looking at an engine monitor.

We hitched a ride in a friend's Baron the 260 plus miles to Vega, Texas and Cathy and I brought her home yesterday morning. Had a good tailwind and saw a ground speed of 180 mph while indicating 145 mph at 7500 ft. It was a quick ride. Did some take offs and landings yesterday and was impressed, with my, light on fuel and no wind I was getting 2K fpm on take-off at just over 100 mph indicated and could hit the displaced threshold line and have her stopped in 6-700 feet without trying hard. Super easy and looking forward to Cathy getting comfortable in it. Gonna make the world a little smaller for is. Looking forward to more adventures.
54830.jpeg
PXL_20201125_181926878.jpg
PXL_20201126_004318609.NIGHT.jpg

Attachments

• 54830.jpeg
    54830.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 1,954
  • PXL_20201125_181926878.jpg
    PXL_20201125_181926878.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,726
  • PXL_20201126_004318609.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20201126_004318609.NIGHT.jpg