• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Stinson airframe Jig

astjp2

Utah/Alaska
I found 3 relatively nice low time Stinson 108 series airframes sitting in a hanger, but all of them need airframe repairs. Does anyone have a Jig to set one up in? I am considering getting one for a personal project. Tim

I found 3 relatively nice low time Stinson 108 series airframes sitting in a hanger, but all of them need airframe repairs. Does anyone have a Jig to set one up in? I am considering getting one for a personal project. Tim

If you can't find a jig don't despair - use one to make a partial jig for the next. As long as they're not busted in the exact same spot, it works. Good luck they're pretty good haulers.

Jigs are a nice thing to make rebuild faster. But not really needed. Hang the wings. Take a couple measurements. Done

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I have owned two Stinsons. Graceful looking, load-hauling, reasonably comfortable, and really quick rolling. My 180 hp dash3 would roll faster than my Decathlon.

But they are inefficient. A good Cessna 180 gets lots better gas mileage. Don't know why - the Sinson isn't that much dirtier.

Back