• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cuban Bread

flagold

Abbeville, Alabama
All those critters are better with bread . . . This is a stroke friendly method. Video: 5 mins - ingredients below - method from Steve's no knead process (link below).

Directions for Cuban Baked Bread:You Need:14 oz cool water2 Teasp. Sugar1/4 Teasp. Yeast (active dry)1 1/2 Teasp. SaltMix Above Together and ADD:1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour2 Cups Bread FlourMix until dough comes off sides of bowl.Cover - leave 8-12 hours (overnight works well) darkened roomMorning: sprinkle some flour on until not sticky roll out into:Bread pan you have greased very lightly with bacon fatCover with another bread pan and clip together if necessaryLet rise 40 minutes - put into:400º oven 40 minutesTake off top and let bread bake 10 more minutes (brown top)Total baking time: 50 minutes at 400º

Steve's no knead process: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZdfub88-4D0Jc_V4T_yNrA

Last edited:

I got away from here for awhile and forgot to reply to your post - when I put up that history of the Mattson family I found a whole slew of them replying from that area. As for the flatbread, grandma was a trained pastry chef with a thick Swedish accent so half the time none of us could understand her but she did a version of this with candied fruits on it (kind of like a fruitcake deal). Sure was good!

Looks like a good one and I like his videos (the way he does them). Hadn't heard about the German connection. Not a big corndog guy - but the salisbury steak he did I'm all for. I am learning a lot about the original cooking and the country my grandparents escaped from (desperate poverty there at the time (1906 - Sweden): https://www.newscancook.com have a PBS show as well. By looking at the show and the harsh conditions I now know why my Viking ancestors conquered 3/4 of the known world in their day: they were desperate for recipes. Simple as that. Lutefisk just doesn't cut it on a daily basis.

Looks like a good one and I like his videos (the way he does them). Hadn't heard about the German connection. Not a big corndog guy - but the salisbury steak he did I'm all for. I am learning a lot about the original cooking and the country my grandparents escaped from (desperate poverty there at the time (1906 - Sweden): https://www.newscancook.com have a PBS show as well. By looking at the show and the harsh conditions I now know why my Viking ancestors conquered 3/4 of the known world in their day: they were desperate for recipes. Simple as that. Lutefisk just doesn't cut it on a daily basis.
im ok with every other day also.

When it comes to his stuff - you want healthy food. This is the one you want:

Went with your suggestion Flagold. Sure isn’t bad;-)....
9D6F054A-2961-44A3-A48C-CCC66AC97081.jpg

Attachments

• 9D6F054A-2961-44A3-A48C-CCC66AC97081.jpg
    9D6F054A-2961-44A3-A48C-CCC66AC97081.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 126
Back