Thread: Cuban Bread

Post Thanks / Like

Cuban Bread

All those critters are better with bread . . . This is a stroke friendly method. Video: 5 mins - ingredients below - method from Steve's no knead process (link below).

Directions for Cuban Baked Bread:You Need:14 oz cool water2 Teasp. Sugar1/4 Teasp. Yeast (active dry)1 1/2 Teasp. SaltMix Above Together and ADD:1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour2 Cups Bread FlourMix until dough comes off sides of bowl.Cover - leave 8-12 hours (overnight works well) darkened roomMorning: sprinkle some flour on until not sticky roll out into:Bread pan you have greased very lightly with bacon fatCover with another bread pan and clip together if necessaryLet rise 40 minutes - put into:400º oven 40 minutesTake off top and let bread bake 10 more minutes (brown top)Total baking time: 50 minutes at 400º

Steve's no knead process: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZd...4D0Jc_V4T_yNrA
    Last edited by flagold; 11-13-2020 at 07:35 AM. Reason: dispelled wods
    Thanks jnorris thanked for this post
    Likes JP, jnorris liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I got away from here for awhile and forgot to reply to your post - when I put up that history of the Mattson family I found a whole slew of them replying from that area. As for the flatbread, grandma was a trained pastry chef with a thick Swedish accent so half the time none of us could understand her but she did a version of this with candied fruits on it (kind of like a fruitcake deal). Sure was good!
    Thanks barrow pilot thanked for this post
    Likes barrow pilot liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    flagold have you ever tried this corndog batter its a good one. put the critter in it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZT_giEvnkw

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a good one and I like his videos (the way he does them). Hadn't heard about the German connection. Not a big corndog guy - but the salisbury steak he did I'm all for. I am learning a lot about the original cooking and the country my grandparents escaped from (desperate poverty there at the time (1906 - Sweden): https://www.newscancook.com have a PBS show as well. By looking at the show and the harsh conditions I now know why my Viking ancestors conquered 3/4 of the known world in their day: they were desperate for recipes. Simple as that. Lutefisk just doesn't cut it on a daily basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flagold View Post
    Looks like a good one and I like his videos (the way he does them). Hadn't heard about the German connection. Not a big corndog guy - but the salisbury steak he did I'm all for. I am learning a lot about the original cooking and the country my grandparents escaped from (desperate poverty there at the time (1906 - Sweden): https://www.newscancook.com have a PBS show as well. By looking at the show and the harsh conditions I now know why my Viking ancestors conquered 3/4 of the known world in their day: they were desperate for recipes. Simple as that. Lutefisk just doesn't cut it on a daily basis.
    im ok with every other day also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tempdoug View Post
    im ok with every other day also.
    You have actually had this??? If so, on behalf of Sweden and all Swede's everywhere living or dead: I sincerely apologize! May your taste buds recover.

Post Thanks / Like
    we gather at the local places all the time, some wanting the fish, some the melted butter and salt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tempdoug View Post
    flagold have you ever tried this corndog batter its a good one. put the critter in it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZT_giEvnkw
    Ole Kent is pretty legit. This my favorite. His Booby Flay beating chicken fried steak recipe.......https://youtu.be/BMu3rPI40wQ

Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to his stuff - you want healthy food. This is the one you want:

Likes KevinJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Went with your suggestion Flagold. Sure isn’t bad....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D6F054A-2961-44A3-A48C-CCC66AC97081.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	53735

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
    Went with your suggestion Flagold. Sure isn’t bad....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D6F054A-2961-44A3-A48C-CCC66AC97081.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	53735
    Wow! You did a great job. I can tell you his "Bobby Flay beating" chicken fried steak was great as well.