• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fly Husky

I always hate to hear this, but I get it. We are not always that kind to folks who ask questions.

sj

Little story here ......
I think it was back in '06 or '07 Cloud and I flew out to ID for a few days and stopped at the Husky factory in Afton where
they were having their annual BBQ or some such gathering. So......Cloud ( who had a Husky then) and I come taxiing in
which drew a bunch of attendees to walk down to see who showed up. One guy, of the 10-12 who came to see us, started
ragging on Cloud about bringing in a pitiful, measly Super Cub.......something like "Why the hell did you bring that POS
here?" Cloud never missed a beat with his reply....."Somebody has to be able to go for parts"

Little story here ......
I think it was back in '06 or '07 Cloud and I flew out to ID for a few days and stopped at the Husky factory in Afton where
they were having their annual BBQ or some such gathering. So......Cloud ( who had a Husky then) and I come taxiing in
which drew a bunch of attendees to walk down to see who showed up. One guy, of the 10-12 who came to see us, started
ragging on Cloud about bringing in a pitiful, measly Super Cub.......something like "Why the hell did you bring that POS
here?" Cloud never missed a beat with his reply....."Somebody has to be able to go for parts"
Seems like he said that about flying a Husky amongst a bunch of Super Cubs one time near Rising Star Texas too..[emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Steve, I think it would be great if you could take it over and run it as a separate site just it has been and save all the historical data. Give Scott a call and see if this is possible.

Kurt

And I’d be more than willing to kick in to help defray any costs. I visit the Supercub website daily but really miss the Husky specific information that the Fly Husky website offered.

I’m in $$

Kurt

Me too.

In an ideal world Scott would continue on with FlyHusky but if Scott has had enough fun as a web wrangler I support folding the old Fly Husky data into SC.Org Husky section.

That may be a big ask of Steve and Scott.

I've got an email out to Scott, but have not heard anything. He does not know me from Adam, so if somebody here knows him and wants to approach him with some possiblities that is fine with me. It would not be a heavy lift to host that site on my same servers - as a separate site - if that is what is desired.

sj

I'd chip in, too. Plus I have several friends with Huskies who don't necessarily look at supercub.org. I can hit them up, too if this should come together.

Thanks. cubscout

I've got an email out to Scott, but have not heard anything. He does not know me from Adam, so if somebody here knows him and wants to approach him with some possiblities that is fine with me. It would not be a heavy lift to host that site on my same servers - as a separate site - if that is what is desired.

sj

Steve, I’m thinking its going to take a phone call.

Kurt

I'm good for $$ too. Can't believe the site has been down for so long. It is basically the only way we can keep up with Thomas Dietrich and his parts. He has a new SGS upgrade kit which I just received in the mail. But how is he going to get the word out to others?

I'm good for $$ too. Can't believe the site has been down for so long. It is basically the only way we can keep up with Thomas Dietrich and his parts. He has a new SGS upgrade kit which I just received in the mail. But how is he going to get the word out to others?
We do need a way to get it back so we dont lose the info. I also need a new set of SGS stops and I think I have a set coming. Cant be that difficult to get it going and even the old list we used to have would suffice

A more modern site without the ads would be fantastic. I'm in the same camp as those who hope the info has not been lost

How about a Husky night on the Sunday night supercub.org chat? 7:00 PM Central time etc. Heck, some nights are more like "Skywagons 'r' Us" :p

Thanks. cubscout

A more modern site without the ads would be fantastic. I'm in the same camp as those who hope the info has not been lost

I've been swamped and have not had a chance to try to call Scott yet.

sj

Back