• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Super cub brake pad differences?

scottsville

HI, I just put new Steve's master cylinders on two cubs. One the brakes work unreal and with the same pressure the other one not so much. I noticed the brake pads were a bit different. The brakes that work the best, the pads look not as smooth surfaced as the other ones. More rough looking but smooth if that makes since. Is there different brake pads that grip better than others. And what is the best pads to get for the best braking possible?

Thanks!

From my experience the Grove pads and the APS BlackSteel brake discs work the best. My 35s using that combo work as good or better than my 31s using Cleveland discs and the same pads. Rapco pads don't work near as good in my experience.

HI, I just put new Steve's master cylinders on two cubs. One the brakes work unreal and with the same pressure the other one not so much. I noticed the brake pads were a bit different. The brakes that work the best, the pads look not as smooth surfaced as the other ones. More rough looking but smooth if that makes since. Is there different brake pads that grip better than others. And what is the best pads to get for the best braking possible?

Thanks!

great question

Back