Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firmin Cargo Pod (Alaska Bushpod) has arrived!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the CG chart from the flight manual suppliment:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W&Bbushpod.PNG 
Views:	135 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	59896

Hopefully that helps. You can PM or email me and I can send you the full FMS if you need a larger version of that page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!
    This is for the larger experimental pod? (Not that there’s that much difference in overall size)
    I thought they were now down to about 15 lbs of carbon fiber. This says 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash, Jr. View Post
    Here's the CG chart from the flight manual suppliment:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W&Bbushpod.PNG 
Views:	135 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	59896

Hopefully that helps. You can PM or email me and I can send you the full FMS if you need a larger version of that page.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's from the STC which is only for the certified regular size pod. Should translate to the jumbo pod since it's just 4" deeper but not longer at all.

25lbs is the maximum weight for the certified pod. Most come in at lower usually 23lbs on the last few I've weighed. The experimental pods come in quite a bit lighter as Bob can leave out the gelcoat interior finish and go with a lighter single ply lid. Those are 15-16lbs for the standard size experimental and 18-19lbs for the jumbo pod.
    Likes JohnnyR, Delta Cub liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at both the Airglass cargo pod, and Firmin Pod for my Scout. I see the Airglass is more common on the Scout. Anyone have experience with the Scout/Firmin combination?
    Likes Steve's Aircraft (Brian) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrosmith View Post
    Looking at both the Airglass cargo pod, and Firmin Pod for my Scout. I see the Airglass is more common on the Scout. Anyone have experience with the Scout/Firmin combination?
    Welcome to Supercub.org, Akrosmith! Your first post....AWESOME! This is a great place to be.

One thing I would suggest you to consider is what will end up being the taildragger that you will use in the future. I know you are excited about that beautiful Scout, and you can't wait to take advantage of the world of aviation that this will open to you! I'm excited for you, too. I would suggest that you keep in mind that the vision of your mission with this bird is just beginning to gel. I happen to know that you happen to move from airplane to airplane, and you may want to consider a different airplane as your mission becomes more clear.

I bought a cargo pod for my super cub many moons ago and it really changed the capabilities of my airplane, and what missions I can accomplish or even contemplate. For my cub, it was a terrific investment.

I mention this because I have seen some great people buy a cub, put significant $$ into it and then move to another airplane that better fits their mission and they don't get the money out of it.

Just a thought.

Thanks for joining us, looking forward to seeing you become integrated into this awesome group of people.

Randy
    Likes skywagon8a, jrussl, FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Crash, Jr-
    Any known issues with folks running the larger experimental pod and skis?
    J

That's from the STC which is only for the certified regular size pod. Should translate to the jumbo pod since it's just 4" deeper but not longer at all.

25lbs is the maximum weight for the certified pod. Most come in at lower usually 23lbs on the last few I've weighed. The experimental pods come in quite a bit lighter as Bob can leave out the gelcoat interior finish and go with a lighter single ply lid. Those are 15-16lbs for the standard size experimental and 18-19lbs for the jumbo pod.

Post Thanks / Like

Firmin Cargo Pod (Alaska Bushpod) has arrived!

My Alaska bush pod is 25lbs heavier. Weighed the cub and then with it still on scales weighed with the pod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks mixer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    My Alaska bush pod is 25lbs heavier. Weighed the cub and then with it still on scales weighed with the pod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    According to my Alaska Bush Pod Flight m=Manual Supplement it weighs 25 lbs, has 9.5 cubic feet of cargo capacity and will hold a payload of 150 lbs.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    Crash, Jr-
    J
    None that I've heard of. If it's real deep you may drag the pod a little in the snow but it won't damage anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    Crash, Jr-
    J
    They dress funny, with their bunny boots and puffy coats/bibs. Almost always have strange looking fur hats too.

Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.
    Likes Farmboy, BC12D-4-85, mixer, Crash, Jr., rmac and 2 others liked this post