• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

What's the latest on the T3 Suspension System!

Tim326

FRIEND
Hello All,
I'm interested in getting this.
How is everyone feeling about their T3 suspension system. Is it doing what
you thought it would?

Last edited by a moderator:
The t-3 works great. Much less wear and tear on the airframe. You don’t realize how well it works until you put a stock spring back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input!
Did you find that the tail sat higher especially with a Baby Bushwheel
thus changing landing site picture?

Thanks for your input!

If I remember right it was an inch higher at the tail handle from the small 3200 and tail spring to T-3 and baby bushwheel. I keep a 3200 on an old spring for quick change. I was pushing the cub out the other day and saw this
4f31e91c868bff4b5da08ba8da0e201c.jpg

Can’t say what caused the crack but it is a Scott head, and I’ve put at least 1000 hrs off airport on it.

Field approvals. When you used to be able to get them. Dan is working on a bunch of stc’s and he is close.

I was pushing the cub out the other day and saw this

Can’t say what caused the crack but it is a Scott head, and I’ve put at least 1000 hrs off airport on it.

Interesting, cause just an hour ago, I found something similar on my Scott tailwheel head. Mine's not as advanced in the crack, But, it's going to be replaced.

Shimmy event, maybe?

MTV

If I remember right it was an inch higher at the tail handle from the small 3200 and tail spring to T-3 and baby bushwheel. I keep a 3200 on an old spring for quick change. I was pushing the cub out the other day and saw this

Now THAT is impressive! Had to come from some kind of side load. Shimmy like MTV says? Was it loose on the big mounting bolt?

Web

Looks like that tailwheel may have been a little too tight a fit for the adapter and it stressed the sides of the saddle. Did the tailspring adapter fit loose into the head or was it a pretty tight fit?

Now THAT is impressive! Had to come from some kind of side load. Shimmy like MTV says? Was it loose on the big mounting bolt?

Web

No shimmy, I keep a close eye on the tightness of the bolt. Just took it off floats recently and didn’t notice the crack, at least the final bit all the way through must have happened quick

Thanks for your input!

The tail does sit higher. I have a regular ABI tail wheel (3200 equivalent), not a Baby Bushwheel... I just put on bushwheels (29's) so that raised the nose back up!

I replaced a stock J-3 tailspring on my Rans S-7S with the T-3, and found I was able to dial down the spring (hard to explain, but there is an adjustment) and only gained 1/4" of height, if that, almost nil. I trashed an 8" Matco tailwheel this summer, while dragging a site looking for rocks (found one), and the almost brand new T-3 survived unharmed. The T-3 is right up there with bushwheels for giving a cush ride.

Attachments

• IMG_20201031_095419370_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20201031_095419370_HDR~2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 128
Back