• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Ran across this cubcrafters review on another site.....

Too bad Mikey sold all his toy’s, eh Mark?

Kurt

I know, right?? Having a Long Ranger to use every time I passed through was kinda nice! I’ve got one to use down here but the fishing’s not as good!

If I could only keep one rating, it would be helo. More fun for me than any of the others, and you don’t have to argue about the best wing/slat/flap/prop/engine/gear/tire/brake/technique for taking off and landing short. :)

True, and if I were actually wealthy (or was qualified to do my own maintenance) I would get one, but alas I am not. Maintenance bills on a cessna are bad enough. I don't think I was particularly good at flying helos when I got my rating, although I did have a lot of fun doing it and managed to go straight to the commercial add-on after about 9 months and 60 hours (the helo would be unavailable for a month periodically when they wanted to use it for tours). My instructors kept saying that I "fly like a fixed wing pilot" and I don't think they meant that as a compliment!

True, and if I were actually wealthy I would get one, but alas I am not. Maintenance bills on a cessna are bad enough. I don't think I was particularly good at flying helos when I got my rating, although I did have a lot of fun doing it and managed to go straight to the commercial add-on after about 9 months and 60 hours (the helo would be unavailable for a month periodically when they wanted to use it for tours). My instructors kept saying that I "fly like a fixed wing pilot" and I don't think they meant that as a compliment!

Ha ha! The modesty you’ve exhibited throughout this thread is refreshing, but likely a set up! My experience has been that guys like you are usually pretty good sticks!. I’ll look you up when I get up there this summer.....

Back