• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tfr bs

SuperCub MD

Collins, Wisconsin
I apologise if this is a rant. There is a lost hunter by my farm, I am looking at his truck parked on the end of my runway right now, looks like the dive teams are giving up for the day . He went missing yesterday, I flew out and spotted his flipped kayak and wadders right away. Today the wind died down and the sun came out, but I couldn't fly because of a TFR. I can only imagine the pain of this guys family and friends right now, pisses me off I can't help. These political TFR's are just stupid, enacted after 911, enough already.

Usually you can put in a call to the governing body, ForeFlight lists contacts, both phone and radio freq for specific closure.
they have been pretty accommodating with us in the past entering fire related TFR’s.
POTUS and Sport venues may be different, Legitimate S&R ops should be excepted you’d think.
call em.

I'm sure I could get a waiver, probably right at sundown. Painful not being able to just get in the Cub and just go. Gassed up, preheated and airborne at sunrise, will be on 12345

This reminds me of one of the changes in search procedures that’s occurred over time in some parts of the country: The CAP has, in some cases, been authorized to establish TFRs for a search area for a downed plane.

MTV

Local Sherff calls me with missing persons.
Saved a lady a couple years ago, she was having dementia issues and was laying out in the middle of no where in 6’ tall weeds and could not walk, insects and heat worked her over the prior two days but she recovered
Found a dead guy a couple months ago, suicide
Found another attempt a week after that, unconscious but after on a ventilator for 4 days recovered and he shook my hand later.
Have done drug surveillance , looked for floaters(drowning).
Pretty cool when its a rescue and not recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Go fly. Help them folks. What three letter orginization or court in their right mind would try to yank your certificate to assist a search and rescue?

i think we could all name a few.

MTV

Probly so, but is a certificate worth more than a life? No! It would royaly piss me off to hear a search and rescue went to a search and recovery because of some bs tfr. You have to weigh the risks.

Examples: Is the tfr for firefighting and your wanting to look in that area full of smoke, low visabilaty, high density altitudes, and fire fighting personel and aircraft for a lost smoke jumper? Mabe your risking way more lives than saving?
Are you looking for a missing person under a tfr for a suit attending a ball game and the only risk is your certificate? Big difference.
WWJD?

Back